An electrical panel is one of the most important parts of an electrical system. A slight defect in an electrical panel, and the fear of an electrical disaster in the home looms large. However, numerous homeowners find it difficult to find out if the electrical panel requires an upgrade. Our electrician Ajax team makes it easy in this blog.
Does your electrical panel require an electrical upgrade?
Check out the top signs that your electrical panel gives when it requires an electrical upgrade.
1) Lights flickering every now and then: The first strong sign of the fact that your electrical panel requires an upgrade; the flickering lights.
Yes, the lights might flicker once in a while, but if it happens every now and then, you must not ignore it.
Frequent lights flickering usually happens due to heavy thunderstorms. Sometimes, power disruptions every now and then also damage the lighting circuit, which eventually causes the lights to flicker.
If you notice flickering lights for a prolonged time period, we highly recommend you get your electrical panel checked, and upgraded, if required.
2) If the panel gets hot: No matter what, an electrical panel isn’t supposed to get hot by any means. Even if it gets warm, you must reach out to the professionals, and get it upgraded.
The panel getting hot is a strong sign of malfunctioning, and it might be requiring an upgrade. If the hot panel is left unattended for a prolonged timeframe, there are chances of sparks or an electrical disaster.
3) If you are about to install new home appliances: Our best electrician Ajax, Ontario team highly recommends you to get your electrical panel checked and upgraded before you install a new appliance at your home, specifically, heavy appliances like a refrigerator or a washing machine.
Heavy appliances come with an increased load on your panel, and thus it might cause the disasters like short circuits or electrical fires.
Thus, if you are about to install new home appliances, get your electrical panel upgraded, or at least, checked.
4) If your electrical panel is quite old: The age of an electrical panel is a crucial factor that you must consider while deciding if your electrical panel requires an upgrade.
The thumb rule says that you must upgrade an electrical panel after 25 years. Thus, if your electrical panel is more than 25 years old, you must consider replacing it.
5) Melting of an electrical part: If you see any electrical part near your electrical panel or power outlet melting or burning, it is a strong sign that your electrical panel requires an upgrade.
Anything like faulty or loose wiring might be a cause for this, and it might be demanding a replacement.
If you notice any electrical part melting or burning, be immediate to take action and reach out to the professionals.
The timely upgradation of an electrical panel can avoid electrical disasters at all. Thus, it’s necessary that you get it upgraded at the right time.
If you are noticing any of the above signs with your electrical panel, it might be warranting upgradation, and now is the right time to do so.
As much as figuring out if the electrical panel requires an upgrade is difficult, finding the right upgradation service provider among a plethora of options available is much more difficult. After all, when it comes to electricity, you cannot compromise with quality at all.
However, Alkon Electric, one of the best electrical companies in Ajax, is here to ensure that you don’t compromise with your electrical panel upgradation at all. Just reach out to us at 416-882-0852, explain to us the issues you are facing. Our team will be quick to visit you and get the work done for you in no time and with the utmost efficiency.